News > Press Release
Flashpoint Named a Strong Performer in External Threat Intelligence Services 2021 report by Independent Research Firm
NEW YORK, March 23, 2021—Flashpoint, the global leader in actionable threat intelligence, has been named a Strong Performer in the new independent technology evaluation The Forrester Wave™: External Threat Intelligence Services, Q1 2021, including many highlights:
- Flashpoint received the highest scores possible in the evaluation for market approach, innovation roadmap, human intelligence, and dissemination criteria.
- The independent evaluation found that Flashpoint “…continues to excel at cyber-enabled human intelligence” with “Wiki-style threat profiles in its portal that are differentiating.”
- The evaluation also revealed that “Flashpoint’s Compromised Credential Monitoring (CCM) is one of the premier capabilities for quickly reducing the risk of stolen credential reusage.”
Summary of Flashpoint in the External Threat Intelligence Forrester Wave
The Forrester Wave report states that Flashpoint excels in “uncovering fraud and stolen data in underground criminal communities.” Additionally, Forrester noted that “Flashpoint continues to excel at cyber-enabled human intelligence,” adding that “Flashpoint’s CCM solution is one of the premier capabilities for quickly reducing the risk of stolen credential reusage.”
In this Forrester Wave, which evaluates vendors based on the strength of their current offering, strategy, and market presence, Flashpoint received the highest scores possible for the following criteria:
- Human intelligence: Defined as Flashpoint having superior human intelligence capabilities compared with others, including robust, dedicated infrastructure which ensures operational security as well as robust training for customers on eliciting human intelligence.
- Dissemination: Defined as Flashpoint offering superior capabilities in providing raw and finished intelligence, using a significant array of mediums and integrations. The portal for the Flashpoint Intelligence Platform is also best in class compared to others in this evaluation.
- Market approach: Defined as compared to other vendors in the evaluation, Flashpoint demonstrates a superior approach to the market, including plans to target new verticals and market segments, along with the resources to achieve these plans.
- Innovation roadmap: Defined as Flashpoint demonstrating a uniquely differentiated strategy on innovation compared with its competitors, including publishing significant thought leadership, and continued investments into emerging technology and innovation labs.
Quotes and Highlights from the Forrester Wave
According to the Forrester Wave report,“[Flashpoint’s] infrastructure and training to support intelligence collection of underground criminal forums allows the vendor to perform additional services for their clients that differentiates Flashpoint from other vendors.” Lastly, Forrester summarized its findings by noting that “[Flashpoint’s] Wiki-style threat profiles in its portal are differentiating. Buyers seeking to combat fraud or gain visibility into underground criminal forums should consider Flashpoint.”
Flashpoint CEO Josh Lefkowitz, says, “This recognition from a trusted firm like Forrester is exciting for all of us at Flashpoint. We believe it further validates Flashpoint’s position as a top technology provider in the threat intelligence market. Moreover, we are proud that Forrester’s scores for Flashpoint in the market approach and innovation road map criteria mirror our relentless determination to lead the market and protect all organizations from external threats.”
“These are exciting times for Flashpoint,” continued Chris Camacho, Flashpoint’s Chief Revenue Officer. “We continue to grow rapidly and efficiently execute our product strategy as we extend our products and services in 2021, enhance our intelligence analytics and automation, and accelerate the number of third-party integrations and OEM relationships to expand our global footprint.”
This Wave report follows a recent Forrester Consulting TEI study commissioned by Flashpoint that found Flashpoint delivers a 482% ROI to participating enterprise customers that were modeled as part of the study.
Get Your Free Copy of the Forrester Wave!
For the detailed evaluation, download your complimentary copy of the report today!